- 1lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 slice Goodnight Brothers country ham
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp basil
- ¼ cup shrimp stock or clam juice
- splash of coffee, rich
- 2 cups prepared grits, seasoned to your liking
- Salt & pepper to taste
Prepare grits and keep warm while cooking shrimp.
Soak the country ham in boiling hot water for one minute. Remove and cut into matchstick-sized pieces. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet, then sauté country ham and shallot for about a minute. Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook shrimp until opaque. Add coffee and shrimp stock or clam juice to the pan. Stir in basil, sliced green onion, and remaining tablespoon of butter, then remove from heat. Serve over prepared grits.